In Ethsharatic Eth means "good" or "safe" while "Shar" means "harbor" or "port."
Ethshar can refer to a number of things;
- Old Ethshar, once known as the Holy Kingdom of Ethshar.
- The Hegemony of the Three Ethshars, the former military districts outside Old Ethshar which have since become an autonomous state.
- Ethshar of the Spices, Ethshar of the Sands, Ethshar of the Rocks, the three largest cities in the world which collectively govern the Hegemony.
- Ethshar of the Plains, one of the Small Kingdoms.
- Some misguided individuals refer to the World as Ethshar.